One of the biggest keys to successful social media marketing is consistently offering quality content that your fans and followers will find useful and engaging. The problem is, it’s easy to get derailed when you run out of ideas for topics. Next thing you know, you haven’t updated your Facebook or Twitter accounts in weeks, and your audience is quickly losing interest. To help keep you on track, we’ve put together a list of ideas that will keep your social accounts afloat well into the future and keep your readers interested and coming back for more.
- Share simple home maintenance and renovation tips (things you would approve of). This is particularly helpful as we transition from one season to the next. You can find helpful articles like this all over the web.
- Provide timely updates and announcements on local events that may be of interest to your audience.
- Show before and after photos of any renovations that have recently been completed in any of your properties.
- Send announcements or reminders for routine maintenance that is due to take place.
- Share tips about safety, such as fire safety and prevention.
- Post reminders when it’s time to check the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide monitors.
- Host a contest to encourage fans and followers to interact with you and to share your content. Prizes can be as simple as a gift card to a local coffee shop.
- Heard about a good deal going on in the neighborhood? Why not share details about various local sales, coupons or other deals that your followers may be able to take advantage of?
- Share information and announcements about upcoming severe weather, as well as relevant tips for staying safe during such events.
- Always link back to all of your own new content, such as newsletters and blog posts. This will help bring readers to your website.
- Choose one employee each month to do a “spotlight” piece on. This is a great way to forge a connection with your audience because it puts faces behind the brand.
- Share tips on various conservation efforts, such as saving water and electricity.
- Post pictures and information on vacancies, as well as any move-in specials or other incentives you’re offering. Remind your audience to share these posts with their own networks.
- Send reminders from time to time about the convenience of online payments, and include a link for doing so.
- Share announcements of new stores, restaurants or other businesses that are opening in the area.
Of course, these are just a few of the countless options available to you for keeping your social media profiles current and active. Be creative, think outside the box and always have in the back of your mind, the reminder to keep an eye out for good, sharable content. When you’re conscious about that, every time you’re online, you’re much more likely to spot interesting topics to share that will keep your audience engaged and loyal.