Being successful in the property management industry is no easy feat. It takes commitment, dedication, time and yes, sometimes blood, sweat and tears. Property management software is designed to make juggling the day-to-day tasks of a property manager or landlord infinitely easier and more efficient.
That said, if you’re just starting out or are on a tight budget, it can be challenging to determine whether or not it’s worth the investment. If you’re in the process of weighing this decision, here are a few key questions to ask yourself.
- How much time are you spending each month collecting and processing payments?
- Are you still using excel to track your expenses?
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed or find yourself losing track of maintenance requests?
- Are you manually calculating fees to determine total balance due for each tenant?
- Do you dread tax season and trying to keep track of everything you need to file?
- Have you ever lost out on a lease renewal because you didn’t stay on top of when it was about to expire?
- How much money are you spending each week, month, quarter, etc. on paper and printing supplies for lease agreements, notices, etc.
- How much time are you spending each day/week communicating with tenants via email?
- Are you approving rental applications based on guesswork or a gut feeling?
If you answered yes or were surprised to see how much your time and money is being eaten up by manual processes, then you would be an ideal candidate for property management software.
How Software Can Help
If you’ve ever found yourself wishing there were more hours in the day, property management software can be a godsend. Specifically, with the right solution, you can collect, process and manage payments online, as well as leverage an online portal to instantly share information and communicate to the masses (without a single drop of ink or sheet of paper). Maintenance requests can be managed and monitored in a central location so nothing ever slips through the cracks. And when tax time rolls around, you’ll be able to access everything you need at a few clicks of a button.
Imagine how much time and money you’d save if you didn’t have to spend it doing repetitive, manual tasks day in and day out. Not only this, but today’s tech-savvy renters appreciate the convenience of online options, which can make your properties much more attractive to quality, long-term tenants.
Best of all, thanks to rapid advancements in technology, property management software is more affordable than ever. An all-in-one, cloud-based solution like Netintegrity can be customized to suit just about any need or budget. In fact, the smaller the firm, the more valuable property management software can become, because it allows you to do more with fewer resources AND remain in step with your larger competitors.
Still not sure whether property management software is worth the investment? Experience it in action with a live, interactive no-obligation demo. Click here to schedule your private tour today.